Thursday, January 12, 2012

Scruff Thursday ... Opinions Needed

This week I was not great about collecting images of scruffy men or animals for the second installment of *drumroll please* "Scruff Thursday"!  Early in the week I already posted a picture of a particularly foxy fox and since last Thursday I featured a dog I thought this time around it might be nice to dedicate some bloggage (yeah I made up that word!) to a human male.  

The dilemma was discussed with my roommate while readying ourselves for work this morning.  She reminded me that tonight I am heading to Ballard, a Seattle neighborhood dripping in bearded men (bearded men typically clad in plaid ... double fist pump!), and that I should use the opportunity to accost -- I mean approach whoever I see fit and ask him if he would like to be spotlighted.

At the time it seemed like a truly viable option.  A way to cloak "trolling for dudes" in the name of blog content.  Sign me up.

Naturally I started composing this entry to explain that a scruffed up image (of a total stranger) would be forthcoming... 
...
...
...
And then I felt creepy -- extremely creepy. So extremely creepy that as I write this I am simultaneously considering erasing the entire thing, throwing up a picture of an unshaven Jon Hamm, and calling it a day.

So here I am -- on the fence.

Sometimes my own sense of what's socially acceptable is a little off-kilter.  I'll probably run it by my friends this evening.  But they're typically in favor of me running around acting a fool and I am sure if a drink or two is imbibed I will be more than ready to do some "stubble hunting".  So what I need is for anyone who actually reads this entry to weigh in and give me a hard "yay" or "nay".  Do I or don't I approach random hairy dudes and take their pictures (and get their permission to post, OBVI!)?  Oh life!  Why must you be so difficult?!

--- In case it doesn't read well that last statement was written in jest.  Jest I tell you! ---


I hope your Thursdays are a little less conflicted than mine!

P.S. Speaking of creepy... when I use to work at Free People we played this song in our rotation.  It's so catchy, fun, and CREEPTASTIC!  It just popped into my head and had to share...

3 comments:

  1. Do it! I want this to be a regular feature. Beard Blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What about our bearded man in Ashland? I think a pic of him could fit in this post.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...