Monday, January 9, 2012

Day Tripping to Mt. Rainier : Random Photo Diary




A week after the tragedy at Mt. Rainier a group of friends and I decided to head to the park the first day it reopened to show our support and enjoy the breathtaking natural wonder that is Mt. Rainier National Park. It was a day of firsts for me. My first time to Mt. Rainier, my first time seeing a fox (oh-em-gee talk about scruffy and beautiful!), and my first time seeing a glacier! Naturally the only way to end a great day like that is stopping in the middle of nowhere for some nachos, beers, and karaoke.

I'm undergoing a massive New Year cleaning and so did not have much time to put these pictures up.  It wasn't quite the visually coherent story I was hoping for.  Better luck next time!

Happy Monday!  One day closer to another 3 day weekend!

4 comments:

  1. wowowow, beautiful. although under unfortunate circumstances, it looks like a lovely trip to the mountains.

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous photos and so jealous that you saw a fox! they're my favorite!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We saw a SECOND FOX moments later and he was black but the photos didn't turn out that well.

    I'm mildly obsessed w/ Mt Rainier now. I cannot wait to go and see the wildflowers in the summer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what???????! omgee girl those photos are off the charts in epic qualities. i love foxes more than my heart can hold and seeing this little guy had me melting in the chair. thanks a big bunch for visiting me and allowing me the pleasure of becoming more familiar here with you. such a nice space, filled with so much goodness. ♥

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...