Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Sticks To The Lips

I have a confession to make...
...
...
...
... wait for it...
...
...
...
... continue waiting...
...
...
...
... ok, ready...
...
...
...
Lipstick. Scares. Me.

There I said it.

So here's the thing. I LOVE a brightly colored lip. It screams "fabulous" "confident" "fun but at the same time a grown up" and "adventurous". I'll go through phases where I decide, "Yes. I shall become a lipstick lady." I'll wear it for a few days and then suddenly realize (or begin to believe), "Amanda you look ridiculous. You look neither fun nor grown up. You just look sloppy and slightly crazy."

But that admiration of painted lips never dies and here I am today in the same spot I find myself in so frequently. I want to be a lipstick lady! So many of my bloggers sport it so seemingly effortlessly. I want to be like them!

{Keiko Lynn}


{The Daybook}


<3 <3 <3 {Atlantic-Pacific} <3 <3 <3
Note: It's also abundantly apparent that if I wore lipstick like her I would acquire delightful fluff ball to pose with me in pictures while wearing incredible jackets and bangles. Abundantly apparent.

Knowing that in a few days time I will probably once again become disillusioned and begin to doubt my ability to rock a fuchsia lip, I am going to give it shot. Unfortunately when the aforementioned disillusion sets it I throw away all of my brightly hued lipsticks in a fit of fury due to feelings of inadequacy so I need to go out and buy a new shade or two. I'm thinking I'll go the drugstore route as my lipstick wearing mood is fickle. I'm going to try and seek out Revlon's Wild Orchid, Maybelline's Fuchsia Fever, and a red that I haven't quite decided upon yet.

Wish me luck. Photos to follow perhaps.

In the mean time lace up your roller skates and get your groove on to this little number:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...