Thursday, November 10, 2011

Taking Charge...

Yesterday someone (me! me! me!) got down to serious organizing business. As I was kicking ass and taking names (by purging my closet and underbed area) all I could think of was this Liz Lemon moment:



But hear me when I say that taking charge is not all song and dance. It is also exhausting! And so at 6 o'clock I took what I intended to be a "break" (i.e. an interruption to one's activity or occupation for a brief period).
...
...
...
The cleaning hiatus is still in full force. To be continued tonight?

Anyway, back to last night and my "break". I met up with Gentleman Friend to drink some Boundary Bay IPA at a bar that both he and I agreed we do not go to nearly enough. The real highlight, however, was after. Earlier this week I stumbled upon a list of the 40 Most Amazing Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and so (upon my insistence) we did some 'sperimenting in the gooey cheese and crispy bread department. What we ended up with was quite stunning. Pepper jack, thinly sliced apples, goat cheese brie... YUM. My one complaint was that we made it on wheat bread. In the future my "sourdough only" rule will be enforced.

Next up on my "break" agenda was going to be meeting up with friends to imbibe yet another beverage. By the time I made my way back up the hill and to my apartment exhaustion set in and I ended up on the couch watching episodes of Sister Wives and canceling on both friends and drinks. An apology is owed to the friends but not so much the drinks. I had had plenty.

I think my decision to "just say no" to more alcohol paid off as this morning I sprung out of bed (and by bed I mean the couch as my bed is still unoccupiable) feeling like a hundred dollars. At our staff meeting this morning we were asked to go around and share what spirit/mood we were bringing to our work today. Most people talked about being tired and stressed but grateful. When it got to me I said, "I am in the BEST MOOD EVER! The Mary Tyler Moore theme song feels like the story of my life this morning!" And so with that I will leave you with a video that I am hoping will inspire you to toss your hat in the hair and remind yourself, "you're gonna make it after all".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...