Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Hello, It's Me...

... it's been awhile but here I am. Ready to get back to almost daily posts. With no further ado I will introduce you to a few of the thoughts floating around in my ole' thinker...


1) Last night I had a dream about the low end Nikon DSLR that I want for Christmas. Pictured below...
I have been on the fence about asking for it. Even though it's the cheapest in the Nikon series it's still awfully 'spensive. Also my new hobby of photography has been relegated to the convenience of my phone. Will I make the time to lug this out and be serious about my picture taking? I'm not sure but the dream I had last night which involved me racing around town trying to track this camera down so I could own it definitely has me saying "Yo quiero".

2) Other things I'm "yo quiero"-ing is taking a writing class. The pull to be more creative is growing. It feels right (or should I say "wright" bwahahaha. Lame.) Classes are spendy though. Spendy. Spendy. Spendy. And I am... what's the word?... oh that's right BROKE.

3) After seeing The Muppets on Sunday night I marched out and bought the soundtrack and have been listening to repeatedly since. I had a date last night. Date preparation looked like this... Drank chardonnay and danced around to Jason Segal, Kermit and the Gang the entire time whilst getting ready. 'Twas glorious. Not so much the date. But luckily for me I had the CD playing on my drive home and was serenaded by Miss Piggy and Amy Adams singing, "I'm having a me party, a party by myself, a me party, I don't need nobody else. Having a me party. I'm the first and last to show. There's no one at this party I don't already know!"

4) Speaking of my date... I'm a creature of habit. I got a text from my roommate reading the following, "Wine bottle wrapper on the kitchen counter = Mandy must have a date". I really thought this time around I could go on a date without the predate wine. I was wrong.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting that link! I am laughing AGAIN! Love it. Think I should get the soundtrack. How about a little ME present?!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...