Wednesday, February 22, 2012

A Pictoral Ode to Sunny Seattle

The past few days, weather-wise, have been stereotypical Seattle... i.e. oppressively gloomy and damp.  I was originally going to write today's post on my upcoming trip to Florida and how beyond thrilled I am to be getting away to a warmer, sunnier locale.

But then something wonderful happened.  The sun came out to play!

I know Seattle's weather is frequently a topic on this here blog and that's because it really impacts my day to day mood.  Weirdly enough, it seems that the longer I live here the more the weather gets to me and usually at this time of year I try to just hunker down and numb myself to the constant gray.  But February 2012 has been rather exceptional.  We had a string of not only sunny but also warm days a few weeks ago.  And when that gift left us I had resigned myself to a sunless existence for a few weeks.  But no!  The sun is back!!

I thought to illustrate the point that when Seattle is sunny it is quite possibly the most beautiful city in the entire country, I would post a few of my favorite snapshots of Seattle in all its sun drenched glory...









Thank you sunshine. Come again soon!

2 comments:

  1. This does not help my constant desires to be in Seattle again! Although I try to only visit from May-September in order to never have to deal with the winter grays you do. This helps me keep Seattle in a magical memory box :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, I loved them all! So sunny and fresh.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...