Friday, December 2, 2011

SF Day Uno

Fell Street San Francisco Golden Gate Park SF


I called my mom, known to some a Ca-Ray-Ray, at 10 am this morning. The conversation went like this:



Me: I think this trip might have been a bad idea.
Ca-Ray-Ray: *sounding genuinely concerned* What? Why? What happened
Me: I just had the best hour I have had in a LONG time just walking around the park! I don't know if I can go back to Seattle.



It is a glorious day in the Bay Area. High 60s and oh so sunny. I could feel the vitamin D fixing everything little thing that's wrong with me and a drive up 101 to the Lagunita's taproom and brewery sent me soaring! Other than basking in the delights of sunny weather and beautiful surroundings there isn't a ton to report other than a couple random thoughts I've been thinking:




  • I'm staying at my sister's near the Golden Gate Park pan handle. When she lived in Seattle she lived in utter disarray. Her place here is charming and tidy. She is much more organized than I ever suspected and certainly much more organized than I will ever be. Perhaps that's why she's going to be a doctor when she grows up and I'm going to be... ... ... ... ... TBD.


  • It's the worst when you're trying to get out of your parallel parking spot and the owner of the BMW parked behind you is in car. You can't use your bumpers for what they're actually made for... bumping... lest the owner of the vehicle you "gently" tap gets perturbed.


What's in store for funtivities tonight? Off to the "Helper's Boutique" near Ghiridelli Square, dinner with 10 of my nearest and dearest at the Thirsty Bear (SF's first and only organic brewery... not sure if that's a good thing or not), and then hopefully to the Wayfare Tavern



Pictures to follow... obvi.



Have fun wherever you are!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...