Friday, December 9, 2011

Dance It Out


Last night I went to see the local band Pickwick for my second time. My first time was over the summer (for FREE!) at the Seattle Center as part of KEXP's Concerts at the Mural Series. I was immediately delighted by the soulful fun that is at the center of their music (not to mention the ridiculously talented lead singer's hair). And what's more... tambourines were HEAVILY featured in the show both on stage AND in the crowd. Clearly I was sold...



Obviously when the opportunity to see them at the Neptune came up I issued a resounding "Yes please" and purchased my ticket. I had not anticipated yesterday being as draining as it was and for a few hours, much to my roommate/fellow concert goer's dismay, it was a little iffy as to whether I would pull it together and make it to the show or not. Fortunately I got myself out of bed, took a shower, put on my favorite sequined skirt (hipsters be damned!), drank a beer, and was ready to "boogie down" (as the old folks say). And thank goodness I did! The concert was all kinds of fun, my friends delightful, the music sensational, the venue charming, and there were OODLES of bearded hipster dudes to feast my eyes upon.


I tried to take a video but unfortunately the sound recording quality on the ole' iPhone 3GS just isn't what it use to be and so it's a little scary to listen to. Luckily YouTube pulled through yet again and I can post a few videos to show my readers how great this Seattle band is!

Oh... Pickwick does a cappella? Of course they does...


If you are work while reading this I advise you not to watch if you are employed by an organization that frowns on workplace dancing (note: video quality improves after first few seconds)...



Happy Friday, December 9, 2011. Make it awesome and dance a little!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...