Thursday, December 22, 2011

The Great Journey South

This is going to be brief with the words. I am currently taking in the sights, sounds, food, and alcohol of Ashland, Oregon with two of my best friends. The "great journey south" as I like to call it began on Tuesday when I packed my car up and headed down to Portland for the night before making my way to Ashland. Here are a few highlights...

While Christmas shopping for my parents dog (yeah, I know, I know) I got to spend some quality time with this adorable beast.


The drive was a great mixture of eerie fog and much needed sunshine.


Santa hosted a spelling bee at Louie's Restaurant and Bar. Although our team name was "Californians Spell Better Than Oregonians" a local named Fran won the bee. Boo hiss.


Today we have done some wine tasting and some shopping around town. The picture above is of the store Prize which may in fact be my soul manifested as a darling treasure trove of trinkets and treats. I got in trouble for taking a picture but think about all the store traffic they're going to be getting now that I posted it here! (That last sentence was dripping with sarcasm. F-your-I.)

Now I need to go sleep off the wine from aforementioned tasting before eating more, drinking more, and showing Ashland, Oregon what karaoke is all about. (Cross your fingers they have "Christmas Shoes" available to perform!)

K.I.T.
Me.

3 comments:

  1. Looks like fun ?)

    Followed the blog, hope you don’t mind. And who knows, maybe you’ll visit me someday too.

    thebookness.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. We make a point of stopping in Ashland each time we drive from San Francisco to Seattle- so many great little vintage stores, and Prize is an eternal favorite of mine. Don't worry, you're not the only one who's been in trouble for taking pictures there... I've even tried to be sneaky, but my darn shutter is so loud!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh Prize blew my mind! I'm glad to hear that someone else was scolded for their picture taking. I really wish I could have gotten more. I feel like just looking at images of it could turn a bad day right around!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...