Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Ozette Triangle Photographic Recap

My friend Carolyn and I hit up the Ozette Triangle on the Olympic Peninsula the weekend before last for some hiking con backpacks and beach front camping.  I have to say, the trip was an epic success.  Why? Well, for many reasons but the top two are 1) We were not attacked by bears, mountain lions, or other furry meat eating animals and 2) This was the only hike I went on all summer that did NOT involve me taking a massive, life-threatening tumble.  I returned home bruise free!  With only a few weeks of bare-legged weather left, the ability to wear a skirt without unsightly markings is truly a gift.

The trip went so well that we are planning another backpacking extravaganza at the end of the month to Mount Rainier!  Outdoorsiness!  Communing with Mother Nature!  Bug Bites!  Huzzah!

Anyway, the photos that follow are an incomplete glimpse at our excursion.  (I say incomplete because although this post might seem long to you, I had to narrow it down from 247 pictures taken over the weekend.  You're welcome.)
























Thank you.  Come again.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks Spencer! The Olympic Peninsula is a gorgeous place. It's beauty is rivaled only by your face! (That rhymed... "taking a bow*.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooooooooo flippin' jealous. All these shots are beautiful and make me long for a camping trip.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...